What is Smart all about?
Smart is an emerging market that provides home owners with different devices that are operated remotely via their mobile devices using apps. The YouGov Smart Homes 2018 Report revealed that nearly a quarter of Britons own one or more smart home devices and one in ten have two or more devices. The purpose of Smart Home applications is to make everyone’s life easier, more efficient and often save money. This trend is already global and is set to become one of the largest industries in the world.
Where is Smart Home technology now?
• Currently the revenue in the Smart Home market amounts to over £2.2billion in the UK alone.
• Globally the Smart Home market is worth around £38billion.
• 7.5% of all households across the world currently use Smart systems.
• The most revenue is currently generated in the United States.
Where is Smart Home technology going?
• The revenue in the Smart Home market is forecast to more than double in the UK by 2022, growing to a market worth over £4.7billion.
• Globally the Smart Home market is set to be worth over £95billion by 2022.
• Expected to grow to 19.5% of all households across the world using Smart systems by 2022.
• By 2020 it’s expected that other countries will overtake US as the main markets for voice control products.
• By 2020 over 52million cars will be fitted with Smart systems.
We wanted to bring a solution that every business can use to integrate Smart systems into their own products. Our system uses the latest ZigBee technology to work alongside Amazon Alexa, Google Home or Phillips Hue. Research has shown that not all of us will ever purchase a voice control system, therefore we are creating a standalone App that will be released later in the year.
Watch to see how VEWsmart and Amazon Alexa could control your lighting.
Set Up Guides: VEWsmart™
Watch our step by step guide to link the VEWsmart Home System to the Amazon Alexa.
Watch our step by step guide to set up lighting groups on Amazon Alexa using VEWsmart Home System. Lighting groups can be different rooms, parts of the room or even different times of the day.
Watch this step by step guide on how to set up your Google Home to use your smart LED lighting via the VEWsmart home system. You can also view the video in two parts on our YouTube channel.